We are an Evangelical and Bible teaching Church. We believe in God the Father and his unique revelation in the Bible, in God the Son and his full atonement on the cross, and in God the Holy Spirit and his empowering presence in our lives. Our full doctrinal position is given in our Statement of Faith.
The purposes of the Church are summarised as Worship, Evangelism, Fellowship, Discipleship, and Service.
We place active and whole-hearted emphasis on the following:
- The Lordship of Christ over every area of life, our salvation by God’s sovereign grace, the work of the Holy Spirit, and our calling to be holy as he is holy.
- Love for one another through encouragement, discipleship, hospitality and service, and, where appropriate, admonition and discipline.
- The full inspiration and authority of the Bible, and its central place in the life and teaching of the church.
- Our role as salt and light in the local and global community, seeking to be contemporary and outward-looking in evangelism, mission and service.
- Shared leadership and every-member ministry, encouraging and training all our members to use and develop their gifts and passions.
- Support for all at every stage of life – young and old, single and married; each valuing the other and benefiting from each other.
- Mutual respect and understanding over secondary issues, recognising that, although these are not addressed in our Statement of Faith, they are important and may be openly discussed as appropriate.
This is a statement of the purposes and core values that bring us together. These are intended to convey the meaning of what we hold to be important. These words themselves are not immutable and may be “firmed up” through the input of all.
The church clearly and openly differentiates between core values, to which members sign up wholeheartedly, and secondary issues which may need to be handled through consensus of the membership.